The Education Hygiene Specialist Excellence Award – 2022
UMF Corporation established the Education Hygiene Specialist Excellence Award in 2022 to acknowledge the contributions of custodians at K-12 schools, colleges and universities across the country. Modeled on UMF’s Hygiene Specialist Award and Guest Room Attendant Excellence Award for healthcare and hospitality, the Education Hygiene Specialist Excellence Award recognizes the crucial role school janitorial staff play in providing a safe hygienic environment for students, teachers, and other employees. The award includes a one-week vacation for two anywhere in the continental U.S.
Note: You may nominate more than one employee from your facility. Please fill in all form fields.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
- The DEADLINE for nominations is December 31, 2022. Nominations can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to UMF Corporation, ATTN: EHS-AWARD, 3660 Commercial Avenue | Northbrook, Illinois | 60062.
- Award Recipient MUST BE employed as a Custodian/Janitor in the Janitorial/Custodial department of a School/Educational Institution at the time of award and travel. All others are ineligible.
- Nominations of more than one person from the same school/institution are accepted.
- Award Recipient is solely responsible for arranging the time off with his/her employer in order to utilize the prize.
- UMF Corporation is not responsible for any and all circumstances that could affect or impact travel at the time award is used
- The Education Hygiene Specialist Excellence Award is non-transferable and MUST be used as scheduled during 2023.
- The award recipient may choose between travel or a cash prize of $2,500 USD.