Each year, UMF Corporation presents two awards: The Hygiene Specialist® Excellence award, and the Guest Room Attendant Recognition award.
The Hygiene Specialist® Excellence award was established by UMF Corporation to acknowledge the invaluable contribution of the unsung heroes staffing Environmental Service departments across the country. These departments are the first line of defense, providing safe environments in hospitals and long-term care facilities. UMF Corporation is committed to increasing awareness and recognition of all these dedicated professionals who are so critical in the battle against preventable HAIs. The Hygiene Specialist® award includes a one-week vacation for two to South Beach, Florida.
The Guest Room Attendant Recognition award was established by UMF corporation in 2020 to acknowledge the crucial role GRAs play in ensuring hotel guest safety, satisfaction, and loyalty in the COVID-19 era. 2020’s recipient will be the first ever awarded, and we look forward to continuing this crucial acknowledgement in the years to come. The Guest Room Attendant Recognition award includes a one-week vacation for two anywhere in the 48 states.
Some of our past recipients – Congratulations and thank you for your service!
Previous Hygiene Specialist® Excellence award recipients include:
- 2019: Hosea Jackson, Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta Georgia
- 2018: Lourdes Rosenwasser and Elida Gardella, Mount Sinai South Nassau in Oceanside, New York
- 2017: Juan Diaz, Cohen Children's Medical Center
- 2016: Sharon Jones, Northwest Indiana’s Methodist Hospitals, Gary Campus
- 2014: Laurie Darling, Heartland Health Care Center – Oakland located in Troy, MI
- 2013: Zinoviy Gunyak, Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- 2012: Winnie Richards, University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB Health) in Galveston, Texas
- 2011: Karren Keitt, Regional Medical Center (RMC) in Orangeburg, SC
- 2010: Janet Altman, Benewah Community Hospital in St. Maries, Idaho